Verizon began rolling out Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 recently.Android is providing you a beautiful service with your Samsung verizons. Verizon began rolling out Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 recently, however, you can go a measure ahead having a custom firmware build and install the most recent Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean in your Samsung smartphone. You’ll be required to install custom firmware LiquidSmooth ROM, that is based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean AOSP to upgrade to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean around the Verizon Galaxy S3. The report states the custom ROM under consideration is known for low quality and fast speedy nature. However, it’s still under development and then the users might face some issues and bugs. All of the issues are required to be fixed as development progresses.
The users should also keep in mind that this tutorial is only for Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Therefore, it should not be implemented on any other Android device.
Your Required Files
LiquidSmooth ROM For Verizon Galaxy S3 [Filename: Liquid-JB-v2.1-Beta1-d2vzw.zip]
Google Apps [Filename: gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip]
Once the above requirements are met, you are all set to install Jelly Bean based LiquidSmooth ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3 I535. The steps are:
- Connect the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 to PC via USB.
- Now copy all downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone, but don’t extract any file as yet.
- Disconnect USB and turn off your phone.
- Boot into ClockworkMod recovery in your Galaxy S3. You can do that by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power button together till you see Samsung logo on screen. Release all three buttons and you will see ClockworkMod recovery screen. Use Volume keys to browse between options in recovery while using Power key to select an option. (You can also try this alternative method to achieve Recovery Mode without key combination)
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. It can be done by selecting Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to the main recovery menu after backup is complete. This step is optional, but to be on the safer side, we advise you do it.
- Perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
- Then select install zip from SD card and then select choose zip from SD card. Now locate the Liquid-JB-v2.1-Beta1-d2vzw.zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button (tap on it if using touch version). Confirm the installation by selecting Yes – Install – .zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin here.
- Once the installation process ends, repeat step 7. But make sure you choose gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- After the installation is done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM LiquidSmooth. The first boot will take time.
- If you want to return to the previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.